Saturday, May 18, 2013

Motivation and Determination

Source

Tomorrow, I run my first 1/2 Marathon.

I have alot of feelings about this right now.  (and I promise to stop with the self assuring/pity posts about running after tomorrow!)

Can I say that I put my best foot forward and hit every run, and prepared my body for what is coming ... honestly, no.  But today, I have to remember that I cannot go back and change any of that, because tomorrow is when it all culminates together and I know in my mind that I can do it.  Someone said you have to take the good with the bad, and I am prepared for both.  I am already taking a great plunge and starting/trying.  It's all I can do at this point.

I've read that I need to have some sort of mantra to help get me through those highs and lows that 13.1 miles that can on the mind and body.  I will keep all of these with me tomorrow.

Never let your fear decide your fate

Slow and Steady

One mile at a time

The only person I am competing with is myself.

Run your OWN race

Push past the fear because behind it, you will find your courage

Running is 90% mental, 10% physical

6 minutes or 16 minutes, a mile is still a mile

It doesn't matter how slow you go, just don't stop.

Just breathe

Have fun!

Wish me luck!

No comments: