Thursday, May 2, 2013

I'm really good at stepping away ... and ordering pizza

211 ... Because I can't bring myself to log it in MFP or Runkeeper I figured I would lead with it here. Accountability, right?! HA! Either way, it is out there and now the only thing that matters is what I do from this moment forward. That is all on that subject for today. 

17 days! in 17 days I will be a half marathoner. Holy shit people. I have many feelings about this. Some good - encouraging, positive, motivational; and some bad - I am so not prepared, what if my body gives out, anything over 72 degrees and I can't function.  I have 17 days to work through these feelings in hopes that they don't all come to a head at the start line on May 19th.*

Fun weekend planned ahead that I am hoping will relieve some of my stress and J's.  With his dad in and out of the hospital for CHF (and his dad's not so positive attitude - your only 64 dad, come on - you DO NOT get to give up!) and the busy busy weekend's we have been putting in - we really need some no worries, stress free, fun with friends and each other.  And come Sunday - we are Kalahari bound!  One of our happy places.  Bathing suits, water rides and giant Kalahari Flames!

I also finally made a hair appointment Saturday AM.  The last time I had a cut/style was probably over a year ago.  Feels good to be able to go and get alittle pampered every once in a while.

I am alive and just trying to get through it all at this point... summer is coming and I want to make the best of it.

What is the first thing you do when you start to feel overwhelmed/frustrated/stressed out/pressured/etc?  
--I normally eat my feelings, but now that I have recognized that, I try to re-direct - eat healthier and get out and get some fresh air/get out and move.  

*which in all reality, they will - I am very aware of this and am comfortable enough with my sensitivity to cry in public.  Just try not to stare...

2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

you are going to feel so amazing when you cross that finish line!! It's such an amazing accomplishment! Not many people can even run a mile let alone 13.1!!!

You will finish, don't worry about that! just focus on finishing. next time, you can try to get a better time. Best of luck, I can't wait to read about your experience!

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Thank you for the nice encouraging words. It helps!!! Can't wait to re-cap and in the meantime, just trying to get in those last couple runs and than concentrate on rest and hydrating for the big day! Ahhhh!!!