Friday, November 2, 2012

Tick*Tock*Tick*Tock

Know how to live the time that is given you.
~Dario Fo (Source)
On Monday, it will be 2 months exactly in which I have not posted/ranted/blogged/accounted for myself/bitched and moaned/you get the picture.  I know this happens to the best of us.  Sometimes we plan the break, and sometimes life just knows that you might need it and nudges right along without us even knowing.  Instead of beating myself up over not checking in, and pretty much abandoning all of my "lifestyle change" efforts over the two month absence, I am going to chalk it up to one of life's breaks - and remind myself that it is OK to be too busy living life (and making memories!) to blog daily weekly.  The good thing about a break, is that you often come back refreshed, renewed and ready to take on the holidays world!

That said, I've gone back and forth with what my "comeback post" should be over the past week and a half.   Instead of trying to rehash it all in text - I give you my bulleted list of stuff I was doing instead of blogging:

  • September brought the return of Cleveland Browns Football!  More importantly BATS Tailgating! I have a picture post coming that will rehash the season thus far in terms of our awesome tailgates.  'Cause even though the Browns are improving week by week, their not getting as many double-u's as we would like - HOWEVER, we have NEVER lost a tailgate! 
  • I connected with my non-existent German roots at the 2012 Oktoberfest at the Berea Fair Grounds and danced the night away with the really drunk bestie to the Spazmatics.  Also ran into more old friends than I can count at the moment (I love when that happens!).
  • J and I joined some great friends for our first Polka Night at the Happy Dog.
  • At the Jason Aldean/Luke Bryan concert I discovered it is harder than I remember hanging with my younger girl cousins (and by harder I mean my liver just about slid out of my belly button trying to hang)
  • I played good bridesmaid and helped out at Little Lisa's Bridal Shower.  I played hostess to a fabulous spa day at Les Amis for Little Lisa's Bachelorette party (Lisa, Gin, Katie and I enjoyed the day together - oldest friends hanging out without the distraction of idle chit chat.)  It was the perfect day to send her off to her soon to be hubby!.  
  • October brought even more Cleveland Brown's Sundays. Every.Sunday.  It's just what we do. The Cincy game had us reunited with our good friends from the Muni Lot while they visited and we showed them how BATS does it up Sundays at home.  I learned just how good a s'mores pudding shot could be - and just what a pain in the ass marshmallow fluff can be while making s'mores pudding shots.
  • I was honored to be included in ALL of the festivities of Little Lisa's wedding.  The rehearsal at Behind the Woods was cozy and quaint.  J and I were very surprised that they had us sitting at the bridal table with the MOH and BM for dinner.  Again, it was an honor.  The wedding day was overcast and windy, but we lucked out and didn't get caught in any rain.  The church was beautiful, the ceremony a tear-jerker and the reception a great big party!  We danced the night away and sent Lisa and Dave off happy! (Have I mentioned how much I love weddings?  And when it happens to be one of your besties - that makes it all the more better!)
  • The Annual Neal Halloween Party was a blast.  Now that we are "getting out of the business" we were much more relaxed and just went out there to have fun.  Mission accomplished.
  • October 29th will forever be remembered as the day we went through Hurricane Sally.  Really - a hurricane in Cleveland... Um yeah, I guess.  (OK, so maybe it was just a super storm - but it is the closest we will ever be to having a hurricane, so let me have my moment).  October 30th will forever be the day that everyone woke up in their "I survived Hurricane Sally" t-shirts.  We were one of the VERY lucky ones that did not lose power/phone service/internet during the storm, and we had no damage to speak of (aside from a few plants that fell over).  Our hearts go out to those who came out of the storm STILL without power/cell service/a home/etc.  You are all in our prayers!
  • Halloween was postponed until tonight, but that didn't stop us from having my Birthday dinner with the in-laws.  It was a quick, but nice visit/dinner.  I get a knot in my stomach when I think about turning 32 26 (again) - it is a nervous, anxious knot.  I have not processed this feeling yet - so I can't elaborate yet, but it is there.  
Phew... Between all of the life I have been living, and my late-night Vampire Diaries binges - I am e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d - but ready to take on November.  What have you been up to?
I am participating in these two challenges this November. Time to pick it up, and get it moving again!

Pile On The Miles is an annual event in blogland where we challenge
ourselves to walk or run more during the month of November.
The goal is to pile on extra miles not pounds during this food filled time of year!

#NHBPM 2012 is here!
Sign up now to join the 30 day carnival and get 60+ prompts
catered specifically to online health leaders, bloggers,
and anyone who wants to try their hand at blogging about health.

1 comment:

Fizzgig said...

who doesn't love a polka night? I love it!!

I love the pile on the miles idea!!