Wednesday, September 5, 2012

1 Year Runniversary

Happy Anniversary to me!

One year ago today, I took my first steps in learning how to run. You can read my first 4-week recap here.

While I am still trying to conquer the 5k (running faster/smarter) - it makes me so happy to see how far I have come!  In my post from last year, I celebrate myself for almost running around the track once without stopping.  I love that I can go so much longer now (but is humbling to remember where I started).  Hell, I even ran a 10k (my longest distance so far) - and in a few short months will begin training for the Cleveland Half!



Holy crap - who is this girl?




I am still so thankful to Brad for helping me on this journey - and all of my family and friends for their support, and encouragement! It means so much, and keeps me going.






Happy Anniversary to me!  Cheers to many, many more!




2 comments:

Fizzgig said...

my first half was the cleveland, it was brutal, but i cannot express the amount of pride and accomplishment that you feel after that!!! so worth it!

good luck girlie, and I can't wait to read about your future accomplishments!! You will feel amazing after every milestone!!

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Thanks for the encouragement - sometimes I still can't believe my body is able to do what it does and that keeps me going every step (or run!) of the way!