Thursday, August 30, 2012

When the cats away...

So the hubs is out of town this weekend on his annual boys only "hillbilly yard sale" excursion.  While I tend to miss him when he is gone, I do enjoy having the house to myself for a couple of days.  I am kicking off the long weekend with some pumpkin beer, home made clambake and a full season of Weeds: Season Seven  on the old boob tube.  While I try to keep most of the weekend open (I like to think I am a fly by the seat of my pants kinda gal) there are many things that I want to do.  Girly things, if you will.

  • dye the hair.  I realize we have another couple weeks until official fall, but these roots CANNOT wait that long.  It is time to drown out these faded blond highlights with a vibrant brown for the season.  
  • catch up on my magazines.  I have a stack of magazines almost as tall as my 5 year old niece that are begging to be read.    
  • catch an extra yoga class.  I am keeping my standing class with BFF on Saturday, but adding in a session tomorrow AM as well.  I need to work out the old body (esp since I am still sore from the 2 hour "Yoga for Athletes" workshop I took on Monday night.  It has been 4 days people... 4 days!).  Plus, I cannot wait to try out my new NamaSTAY yoga mat towel... Review to come.
  • take the tweezers to my face and really get at those hairs that are growing at a rapid rate.
  • home mani/pedi. These feet really need a good soak and buff - switching between discount flip flops and my running shoes is doing them no good in the staying smooth and soft category.  
  • take an hour long hot shower. 'nuff said.
Notice, I do not plan on cleaning (not until Sunday anyhow), running around, or being held accountable to anyone for the next three days.  I am going to chillax and recharge.  (Yeah, I said chillax - what of it?!).  I will be like a whole new woman by the time J gets home Sunday (if hurricane Isaac doesn't chase him home earlier). 

What are you doing for the long weekend? 

*if you are a crazy internet stalker that preys on bloggers that are home alone, please know that I have a house alarm, an attack cat and a stun gun that I am just itching to use.  

No comments: