Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oooommm-my-gawd

So I finally got back to my mat tonight. While I'd like to say it was my triumphant return to yoga, I probably should just say that it felt good to be back. It was an hour of hot sweaty twists and downward dogs. I swear I sweat out half of my body weight. *this was not a hot yoga class... My muscles were shaking, my balance was better than I thought it would be after a three month hiatus - but not quite where it was when I left off in March. My breathing was short and mostly labored throughout the hour. At one point, I wasn't sure I could make the transition from baby cobra to down dog.

It was literally a hot mess.

And guess what, I loved every.hot.sweaty.damn.minute.of.it!

Yay for yoga! Now who wants to donate to my "Mel needs yoga to stay sane" unlimited year pass fund?

 

No comments: